Director of Development & Operations
Georgians for a Healthy Future (GHF), a nonprofit consumer health advocacy organization, has an immediate opening for a Director of Development & Operations. Founded in 2008 with a mission to build and mobilize a unified voice, vision, and leadership to achieve a healthy future for all Georgians, GHF conducts outreach and education, builds and leads coalitions, and engages in public policy advocacy around health and health care issues in Georgia. The organization has grown from a staff of two to a staff of six over the past 18 months. This position will support the organization’s recent growth and sustainability. The Director of Development & Operations will work closely with GHF’s Executive Director to ensure the organization is functioning well across programs and projects by providing operational, development, planning and evaluation, and editorial support.
- Develop and maintain a system for managing grant proposals and reports
- In collaboration with other staff, develop and manage a donor database
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, identify funding opportunities for the organization
- Perform some human resources functions such as developing and regularly updating organizational policies and procedures including an employee manual, with direction from the Executive Director
- Provide editorial support (including copy editing) for reports, issue briefs, newsletters, e-blasts, and other forms of content generated by the organization
- Develop and manage a process, with guidance from the Executive Director, to identify and collect metrics to evaluate projects, programs, and the overall organizational strategic plan
- Develop and track an organization-wide calendar for publications, events, board meetings, and other major deadlines
- Provide general operations support, including serving as a point of contact for vendors such as IT consultants and print shops, to ensure the organization is running smoothly
- Manage the logistics for the organization’s major events, including fundraisers and policy forums, in collaboration with program staff
- Assist the Executive Director with the development of an annual report
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Grant-writing and/or grants management experience
- Experience with strategic planning and program evaluation
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Commitment to GHF’s mission and knowledge of health policy and advocacy
This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director and based in Atlanta, GA.
Salary based on background and experience. GHF also offers benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, and a retirement plan.
Please send your resume, cover letter, writing sample, and example of editing work you have done to email@example.com by February 15, 2016. Please put the words “Director of Development & Operations” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.